Enjoy the best Anthony Bourdain Quotes at factstatus.com . Quotations by Anthony Bourdain, American Author, Born June 25, 1956 . Anthony Bourdain quotes to learn more about life, food, happiness, and adventure. Be inspired, ignited, and challenged by his words. Anthony Michael Bourdain was an American celebrity chef, author, travel documentarian, and television personality who starred in programs focusing on the exploration of international culture, cuisine, and the human condition. He was considered one of the most influential chefs in the world. We come here with some of his best quotes for you.
Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don’t have.
I don’t have to agree with you to like you or respect you
Basic cooking skills are a virtue… the ability to feed yourself and a few others with proficiency should be taught to every young man and woman as a fundamental skill. [It’s] as vital to growing up as learning to wipe one’s own ass, cross the street by oneself, or be trusted with money.
there’s something wonderful about drinking in the afternoon. A not-too-cold pint, absolutely alone at the bar — even in this fake-ass Irish pub.
Without new ideas success can become stale
You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.
To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.
Your body is not a temple. It’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride
Meals make the society, hold the fabric together in lots of ways that were charming and interesting and intoxicating to me. The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself
Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown
Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?
The way you make an omelet reveals your character
Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life
Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom…is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go
Don’t lie about it. You made a mistake. Admit it and move on. Just don’t do it again
I, personally, think there is a real danger of taking food too seriously. Food should be part of the bigger picture.
I always entertain the notion that I’m wrong, or that I’ll have to revise my opinion. Most of the time that feels good; sometimes it really hurts and is embarrassing
People are generally proud of their food. A willingness to eat and drink with people without fear and prejudice… they open up to you in ways that somebody visiting who is driven by a story may not get
I am not a fan of people who abuse service staff. In fact, It’s an unpardonable sin as far as I’m concerned, taking out personal business or some other kind of dissatisfaction on a waiter or busboy.
I think food, culture, people and landscape are all absolutely inseparable.
I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times
Food is everything we are. It’s an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It’s inseparable from those from the get-go.
30 Quotes From Anthony Bourdain on Making Your Life a Fulfilling Adventure
I have been a fan of Anthony Bourdain’s since the day I read Kitchen Confidential and learned why I shouldn’t order fish on Tuesdays. I admired the way he turned his gift for storytelling and success at the New York Brasserie Les Halles into one accomplishment after another.
Here are 30 pearls of wisdom to feast on from Mr. Bourdain. Enjoy the meal.
1. “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
2. “I always entertain the notion that I’m wrong, or that I’ll have to revise my opinion. Most of the time that feels good; sometimes it really hurts and is embarrassing.”
3. “Luck is not a business model.”
4. “If I’m an advocate for anything, it’s to move. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food. It’s a plus for everybody.”
5. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.”
6. “Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don’t have.”
7. “I don’t have to agree with you to like you or respect you.”
8. “As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly; you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life–and travel–leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks–on your body or on your heart–are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt.”
9. “I’m not afraid to look like an idiot.”
10. “Without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, and moribund.”
Quotes From Anthony Bourdain for whatsapp status
11. “Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind, no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom … is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go.”
12. “You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.”
13. “The journey is part of the experience — an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.”
14. “I’m a big believer in winging it. I’m a big believer that you’re never going to find a perfect city travel experience or the perfect meal without a constant willingness to experience a bad one.
15. “Cooking is a craft, I like to think, and a good cook is a craftsman — not an artist. There’s nothing wrong with that: The great cathedrals of Europe were built by craftsmen — though not designed by them. Practicing your craft in expert fashion is noble, honorable, and satisfying.”
17. “To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.”
18. “Don’t lie about it. You made a mistake. Admit it and move on. Just don’t do it again. Ever.”
19. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s OK. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
20. “The way you make an omelet reveals your character.”
Quotes From Anthony Bourdain for facebook status
21. “Assume the worst. About everybody. Let it all roll off your back. Ignore it. Be amused by what you see and suspect.
22. “I’m not going anywhere. I hope. It’s been an adventure. We took some casualties over the years. Things got broken. Things got lost.
23. “[When I die], I will decidedly not be regretting missed opportunities for a good time. My regrets will be more along the lines of a sad list of people hurt, people let down, assets wasted, and advantages squandered.”
24. “Without new ideas, success can become stale.”
25. “I wanted kicks — the kind of melodramatic thrills and chills I’d yearned for since childhood, the kind of adventure I’d found as a little boy in the pages of my Tintin comic books.”
26. “Cream rises. Excellence does have its rewards.”
27. “What are our expectations? Which of the things we desire are within reach? If not now, when? And will there be some left for me?”
28. “I’m very type-A, and many things in my life are about control and domination, but eating should be a submissive experience, where you let down your guard and enjoy the ride.”
29. “I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times.”
30.”I can unload my opinion on anybody at any time.”